Thursday 5 January 2012

Letter to The Economist on the EU

I am a big fan of - and a subscriber to - The Economist. Whatever your perspective, it offers weekly food for thought.

So, I was surprised to learn in their Christmas edition that I support withdrawal from the EU (read the article here). The quote comes from a Sunday Times piece, where I spelt out the case for renegotiation of the UK's EU membership - not withdrawal.

This week, in fairness, they published my letter correcting the error, and setting out why the context of the debate on Europe has changed since the 1990s. You can read it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The site policy is to publish all comments, unless abusive or anonymous.

Welcome to Dom's Blog

To sign up for my monthly bulletins, click here.

For my Privacy & Cookies policy, click here.

Dom's Podcasts

Watch Dom's Hardtalk interview here.

To watch Dom's recent podcasts, visit his You Tube channel here.

Local Campaigns

Local issues, National debate

Blog Archive

Follow Dom on Facebook