Monday 23 April 2012

Engaging with local Students

On Friday, I visited Hinchley Wood School - one of the new 'academies' in Elmbridge - and talked to students as part of their active citizenship program. Steve Poole (headteacher) and Nick Lang (citizenship coordinator) briefed me in advance (as pictured below).

I then spoke to a group of students from Years 9 to 11 about the role of an MP (pictured below). I asked which of the three main parts of the job - helping local people, representing the community in Westminster, passing national laws - they felt was the most important. Different students had different priorities, but the overall feedback was fascinating and useful. They were a sparky group, both curious and thoughtful. I am very grateful to the school for the opportunity to engage in this way.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

The site policy is to publish all comments, unless abusive or anonymous.

Welcome to Dom's Blog

To sign up for my monthly bulletins, click here.

For my Privacy & Cookies policy, click here.

Dom's Podcasts

Watch Dom's Hardtalk interview here.

To watch Dom's recent podcasts, visit his You Tube channel here.

Local Campaigns

Local issues, National debate

Blog Archive

Follow Dom on Facebook