Wednesday 10 October 2012

Reality Check of a Global Century

This week from the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, I had a chance to plug Britannia Unchained (a new book co-authored with four of my colleagues). It has served as classic fodder for the lively 'fringe' debates - outside the main hall - that allow new ideas and arguments to be given fresh voice and scrutiny.

I was intrigued to see so many Guardian journalists turn up to listen in - a compliment of sorts although they heartily disagree with our prognosis of the challenges Britain faces in the twenty-first century. In truth, we have been predictably subject to something of a concerted attack by the paper, including a book review by Labour policy supremo John Cruddas. At least, today, the paper gave me an opportunity to rebut the rebuttal, and you can read my article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The site policy is to publish all comments, unless abusive or anonymous.

Welcome to Dom's Blog

To sign up for my monthly bulletins, click here.

For my Privacy & Cookies policy, click here.

Dom's Podcasts

Watch Dom's Hardtalk interview here.

To watch Dom's recent podcasts, visit his You Tube channel here.

Local Campaigns

Local issues, National debate

Blog Archive

Follow Dom on Facebook