Wednesday 11 November 2015

Molehurst Women's Club

Tonight, I went along to Molehurst Women's Club to speak to their members. This local club, based in West Molesey, is part of the National Association of Women's Clubs. They invited me to talk a little about my role as an MP (and now Minister), and also what I did before politics. We then had a lively discussion, with questions on everything from telephone monopolies to the lack of anonymity for defendants in rape trials. 

After the discussion, their Chair - Stella Nicholas (pictured) - generously gave me a cheque from the club for the Elmbridge Community Fund. I was really touched by such a kind gesture, and extremely grateful for the opportunity to chat with all the Molehurst Women's Club members.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The site policy is to publish all comments, unless abusive or anonymous.

Welcome to Dom's Blog

To sign up for my monthly bulletins, click here.

For my Privacy & Cookies policy, click here.

Dom's Podcasts

Watch Dom's Hardtalk interview here.

To watch Dom's recent podcasts, visit his You Tube channel here.

Local Campaigns

Local issues, National debate

Blog Archive

Follow Dom on Facebook